Studio photography can be complicated, and with the broad range of products available knowing where to start can be confusing. This course aims to understand studio photography making it easy to understand. You will be shown new techniques and how to set up lights, and then given the opportunity to try out your new skills with various lighting styles and a live model.
Our private Studio Lighting tuition is for beginner and intermediate photographers alike. You will learn how to control flash lighting using your own camera-mounted flash.
- Studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
- Flash metering
- Incident light metering
- Reflected light metering
- Use of Grey Card
- Lighting set ups with one, two, and three lights
- Modifiers and accessories (soft-box, beauty dish, umbrellas, snoots and reflectors)
- Working with reflectors.
- Working with white, black and grey backgrounds
- Lighting the background
- High key and low key lighting set ups
- Lighting hair
- colour gels and creative lighting techniques
Equipment required: Any camera that you know how to use will work with hot shoe or flash connector interface.
1 to 1 tutoring: £ 250.- (plus £ 50 if you want to bring a guest with you)
Groups up to 6 participants: £ 120.- each. (Early Bookings: £ 100.-) – A minimum of 3 participants will be required to confirm the workshop.
Free Car Park available
Beginners/Intermediate: Note: no technical knowledge of photography is required but it is advisable to know how to use your own camera so we can focus on the subject of the course itself.
Check our incoming photography workshop & Join the club: